5 ways to make a small room feel more spacious.
It is a well known design trick to paint small rooms in light colours to make them feel larger but here are a few more space illusion techniques you may not already know:
1. Pull furniture away from walls slightly, this will create a shadow behind giving the illusion of more space. Furniture pushed right up against the wall can make a room feel cramped and crowded.
2. Hang shelves near the ceiling to drawn eyes up. giving the feeling of added height.
3. Use stripes to elongate a space as seen in this rug below
4. Choose glass or transparent items to allow the eye to travel through.
5. Ditch the center ceiling light for two or three different types of lighting highlighting sections in your room. this will draw the eye around the room instantly giving the illusion of space.